Monday, April 6, 2009

you may kiss the bride

I went over to my moms Sunday and she gave me a blanket that she had made for my brother, when he was a baby. I was sooo happy that she gave it to me. It made me feel good that she wanted us to have it. She is an awesome mom and she has always been suportive of me but when she gave me that blanket it was like her telling me I will except Cs baby as my grandchild.

Then last night I asked C if she wanted to go on a 3 hour and 20 minute drive on our anniversery. Which is April 30th. We had a commitment ceremony two years ago at Punta Cana, the Dominican Republic. Then last year we registered as domestic partner in Kansas City. Now Iowa legalized gay marriage so thats just a short trip North and its just in time for our anniversery. So guess what? We are getting married.
I keep on singing "We are going to the courthouse and we're going to get maaarried, going to the courthouse of love." Then I say C do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife and she says I do and then I say well now you may kiss the bride.
I will do any thing for a kiss.
-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment