Monday, March 30, 2009

Meet the family



I thought this would be a good time to introduce you to my family. I am sure you will here more about them as we blog. First is Simba he is 13 years old and he is our fat cat that C picked out from the pound. He was diagnosed with diabetes about a year ago and gets two insulin injections a day. Simba likes to just lay around and be grouchy.

Second is Kinser he was also picked up by C from the same pound. He is now 12 and is also diabetic and getting two insulin injections a day. Not only that he has heart disease which also requires medication. I wont even bring up allergies. He reminds me of donkey off of Shrek he moves around just like him and if he could talk I'm sure he would sound like him too.

Third is Skittles aka Mr. Kitty he is 6 yeas old and is medication free and I love him for that. He has a long story but I will try to make it short. My uncles brother was going to shoot him and my uncle said no that he would take him to his house where the kids could play with him and he could live on the farm. My cousin Kristal loved him (she thought he was a girl that's why she named him skittles)and knew that none of the other kitties lived long out at the farm so she wanted C to keep him until he was old enough to protect himself. Well needless to say he never went back to the farm. He is awesome he lets you hold him like a baby and he is so cute and lovable.


Then last but not least is the princess of all princesses Chloe. We got her because Kinser was getting fat (that was before we found out it was the diabetes)and we thought he needed a play mate so we went out to petco when they had the adoption day and found her. She was perfect so we thought. She would go out on runs with me and would just follow me all around. Then I think she got a little obsessive over me. First it was people, no one could even come in our house. Then she was kicked out of doggy day care because she bit three dogs, I guess three strikes your out. Now she is on dog Prozac. She is a lot better now but we don't take her out much. I sometime worry about how she is going to be with a baby I'm sure there will be some stressful times. I just don't want her to feel left out when the baby gets here.


-V-

1 comment:

  1. HEY! :) I just found your blog. I've been neglecting blogland and just realized I have followers. Who'd have thunk it?? I went to check them out and low & behold, there you were. July, eh? That's awesome. Just in time for our birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete