Sunday, August 16, 2009

Second Parent Adoption

We got a hold of an attorney this weekend that does the second parent adoptions and I was shocked at how much it costs. It makes me sad to know all that money that could be going to something else like savings or a new roof is going to these people so that I have the same rights as a heterosexual married couple. They have to even come to our house and do a home check not only once but twice. What I don't understand is that C is having the baby and there is nothing that they can do about where the baby is going to live anyway. I guess that is why we ALL need to vote for same sex marriage. I was hoping to have two or three kids but if we have to pay 5,000every time I don't know if this would be possible. It would be hard to save for emergency funds, adoption funds, and just life with a family. We have a consultation with the attorney in a couple week I will keep you posted. I feel good about our attorney getting everything approved they do all of our county's same sex couple second parent adoptions. They did tell us though that there is going to be a new judge in 2010 and they are not sure who it is and if they will be friendly to this matter or not. I don't know what we will do if not. I guess we will find out.

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment